Another pre-recorded episode this week with Amber, Nate and Pete. And yes, the day has finally come that we discussed Crocs on the podcast .
Whether it’s elevation, heat, technicality or just an abnormally strong field, going the extra mile to make sure you are ready for your goal event can make a big difference. Tune is as we discuss this, as Amber shared what she is learning about pregnancy and cycling, and as Pete shares some fantastic nutrition guidelines for mid-ride nutrition
Hope you enjoy!
Tune in for the YouTube premiere tomorrow morning at 8:00am Pacific!
Youtube Live Video:
Topics Covered in This Episode
- Pregnancy and cycling
- How big rides make you faster
- Mid-ride nutrition guidelines from Pete
- How to decide between liquids, gels, and solids
- MTB vs. Road position
- Why seat tube angle is so important for tall riders
- Should you wear gloves when training indoors?
- How to wear your bibs on the indoor trainer
- Individual Leg Drill tips
- Outside Workout tire setup for MTB
- What to expect at the Escape from Alcatraz triathlon
- How to prepare for a goal event with different circumstances than your training
TrainerRoad Podcast Network
Submit your Question to the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Subscribe to the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Subscribe to the Successful Athletes Podcast
Submit your story to the Successful Athletes Podcast
Subscribe to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast
Submit a topic to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast
Crocs frickin RULE!*
Please note, for indoor/private use only. They should not be used in public.
I miss the timestamps in Overcast…any plans to bring those back? I usually skip the things that don’t apply to me (like pregnancy).
The first triathlete to get a live elephant seal for their endless pool deserves a free TrainerRoad subscription.
Crocs tan! You know you want it!
In the first 30 minutes of the episode, @Nate_Pearson laughed a couple times, and all I could think of was:
Please don’t suspend my account
As the OP to the ‘I miss the old podcasts’ thread, I’d like to say I really enjoyed this episode. It was lovely to hear everyone relaxed and joking around. Found myself chuckling as I listened. Nate’s description of Escape from Alcatraz and everyone’s reaction was really funny.