65mph through the desert

This is amazing, I was frightened watching it!

5 Likes

Now that’s a road I want to ride!

2 Likes

30 mph sign… ticket is in the mail. :rofl:

Seriously though… nice ride!

1 Like

To give you some kind of indication of how good Safa is. He holds the KOM on a local super technical descent that has been attempted by 6,500 riders. I’m ranked 30th. In the video below I hit 52mph. I did it in just under 5 min. Safa did it in 4:20. That’s more than 15% faster.

Tuna Canyon

2 Likes

That’s nuts, the road surface doesn’t look particularly good either.

Can you share the link to the Strava segment? To me, that’s impressive and terrifying.

:exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

1 Like

Incredible! Can’t help but wonder if he would have gone even faster with deeper wheels, aero helmet, and a haircut.

1 Like

OMG! Wow - is love to ride that road. But i’d be waaaaaay slower than this guy.

that guys has b@lls of steel.

There’s two. My video is the whole descent which includes some small pinch climbs. The times I referenced pertained to the one way section, hence why we’re drifting all over the road. Tuna One Way Down.

1 Like

It has its moments. :joy:

1 Like

Just comfort level. I tried a friends bike with those deep wheels and I was terrified withhow twitchy the front end was with cross winds

1 Like

Safa is completely mental

1 Like

I’d advise against 80mph through the desert though :scream: French rider almost paralysed after crashing at 130km/h in speed record attempt | Cycling Weekly

1 Like

That’s a cool part of the country - Alabama Hills and Mt Whitney. Been in a lot of movies.

1 Like

Yawn! If that guy were really serious, he’d cut his hair. Can you imagine the aero drag of his golden mane at 70+ km/h?!? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I came here to say this!