Hormonal imbalances affect every athlete and often go unnoticed, but Austin Killips has an especially insightful perspective. Austin is a transgender woman who is focused on cyclocross and has had to learn to adjust her training through the process of transition.
Tune in to learn what signs Austin has learned to recognize as hormonal imbalance, how she has learned to adjust as a result, and how she has used TrainerRoad to get faster.
Topics Covered in This Episode
- How Austin got into cyclocross
- How Austin hopes to earn her UCI pro license
- Managing work/life/training balance as a full-time bike mechanic
- How Austin used TrainerRoad to gain over 50w in FTP
- What sort of changes Austin has had to make to her training
- The effects of the transition process on training
- How to recognize hormonal imbalances
- How low testosterone affects training
- How Austin dealt with low testosterone and high estrogen
- What Austin has learned in 2020 to make her a more balanced and healthy athlete