2022 XCO World Cup Discussion (Spoilers)

I wish there was footage of his crash; seems like a very weird place to go down?

2 Likes

If you look frame by frame you see his tire slip and twist at the top of the bridge and you see him fly over the bars coming down. He puts his hands out but still hits his head.

I’m all for a good challenging xc course but are narrow, wood, man made bridges in the rain really xc?

2 Likes

I didn’t even consider the rain; very possible he lost his front tire.

I’d be shocked if he races today, he was most definitely concussed afterward.

Rissveds is Mrs Consistency!

Also, during these crazy muddy races, do we see the racers running narrower tires than usual?
Looked like Keller and Mitterwaller were on some narrow tires.

Hump

1 Like

No mention of concussion on Schurter’s IG, just said he’s not going to race because his shoulder and back are too sore.

It didn’t look like a slip to me, but you might have seen a clip I haven’t. All guesswork I guess unless Nino says what happened.

I think most of the bridges are to facilitate the course design/spectators. They have mats on them to help with traction. It could/should be wider maybe, but I don’t think removing all man made features is the answer. In some regards I like the way the racers have to really race hard for positions before the bridges etc, but it must suck big time to be unclipped at the back of the field.

Not that that’s different to a narrow piece of natural single track.

Snowshoe was one wild race. I’d hate to see what all comes out of those bikes after the mechanics tear them down.

I was pulling for Blevins, and he raced a heck of a race.

Hump

3 Likes

Tough break for Blevins, he really looked like he was in control before his flat. He erased a 40-second gap very quickly to rejoin the front, though.

1 Like

The coverage (generally from above) really does not do the difficulty of those climbing sections justice!

4 Likes

The courses looks tough. Technical narrow climbs, roots, rocks, drops… parts look more DH than xc. Amazing the xc bikes can handle that chunk.

1 Like

Blevins is out this weekend with Covid.

3 Likes

Hope Nino is back to full strength for Sunday.

1 Like

Great to see Jolanda on the top step again for the XCC race!

7 Likes

What poor timing. Covid sucks.

Anyone know what tires Nino or Jolanda ran today in the wet?

Looks like nino used the maxxiss rekon race, Jolanda didn’t have a clear enough picture on Instagram stories for me to tell.

Awesome. He did crash so was curious.

Surprised he didn’t use the Severre tyre that’s been about recently.

Heck of a race from Nino. Ride of a champion.

Kudos to Carrod. He definitely ate his Weet-Bix this morning!

1 Like

What about the tires Caroud was using? He rode away with the men’s race.

2 Likes

Vittoria
Probably Barzo, front and back.

Hump

1 Like