2022 XC Bike Thread

What made you choose that bike?

I forgot to post up after having mine fitted and using it. It’s as awesome as I thought, doesn’t get in the way and can use any one of 3 fingers to operate it. It took maybe until the 2nd right for me to use it without thinking. Changed my grips to Syncros foam ones and I’m loving these as well.

3 Likes

Obviously because it has Rocket in the name! LOL :rofl:

I think with the updated geo and the factory level suspension package at the Level 3 build it will be Suppa Fast. Plus I’m hearing availability as early as next month.

Would love to hear other thoughts on this bike.

Also any suggestion on carbo wheels that are not crazy expensive (relatively).

1 Like

Does anyone think Yeti will build another XC race bike?

Hump

Another DC bike maybe. Their sponsored athletes are still singing the same song about the 115 being perfect for XC racing despite most reviews saying otherwise.

They could make something really cool though if they went and took the good bits of the 110 and 115 though.

They seem like an awesome brand and have very capable bikes.

How old is the 115 now?

1 Like

I had the SB100 and I feel like they could have taken that platform more XC.

It was a cool bike, but not an XC race bike.

Hump

1 Like

The SB115 was introduced mid 2020 but I don’t know Yeti’s update cycles. My prediction: They will leave the travel numbers and the Switch Infinity unchanged but will succumb to the “longer and slacker paradigm” bringing the SB 115 in line with other “modern” XC bikes.

1 Like

That wouldn’t be a bad idea, as long as it doesn’t get heavy.

Hump

A few of the top non pro but they race pro XC’ers in CO are mostly on 115s and have gotten them down to 25 pounds. They don’t mind at all. They actually love the bike. Perfect as they say. Maybe because they are just strong racers/riders. Constantly on the podium at the XC marathon or longer olympic style events here and in Wyoming.

As for what’s next with Yeti, tough to say. A few of my friends work there, they are super coy with what’s coming up, but they all just sold their SB 130 lunch rides and 150s. My guess is something is coming up.

3 Likes

They aren’t that light at the moment are they? Yeti aren’t known for lightness?

1 Like

Nope at the moment if you want light FS XC you need to be looking at the Epic, Scalpel, Spark, or Supercaliber
(Edit: all great FS XC bikes where the top of the line will break the bank.)

2 Likes

My SB100 was fairly light, but not on par with the best XC whips

Hump

1 Like

Don’t forget the Oiz.

3 Likes

I just checked the initial review of the SB100 on Pinkbike. They had the X01 build (120 mm fork, carbon wheels with 2.3 Minion DHF, 2.3 Aggressor) at 25.2 lb / 11.4 kg.

Certainly porky in comparison to an S-Works Epic coming in with 21.2lb / 9.61 kg but not to bad objectively.

2 Likes

Yep, I was basically the same on mine.

Great bike, but not an XC race bike.

Hump

That won’t be far off my Epic Evo Pro weight so it is pretty good.

1 Like

Is this a new colorway for the SW epic? I think they had this for the HT but I never noticed this on the website before.

I’m not seeing a color, more looks like bare carbon

Hump

1 Like

So if you swapped out those carbon trail wheels with XC carbon wheels, swapped out the heavy rubber for XC tires, you’re easily sub 24lbs then.

XC cockpit, XC dropper, XC Brakes, and that thing cannot be far off the mark.

The DT Swiss XRC 1200 wheels used on the reviewed bike are already on the light side as are the SRAM Level brakes but with light rubber and an XC dropper you could get near the 24 lbs mark. To keep in mind: As mentioned in the review this bike is not designed to be a pure-bred race rig so dropping some weight won’t transform it completely.