2022 XC Bike Thread

The clamp is 10mm. I just had another play with it to make sure but the barrel adjuster of the Yep hits the body of the twinloc, so it’s a no go as it is.

1 Like

Oh no.

Have you got TwinLoc, or TwistLoc?

Sorry, meant twinloc. That’s how I want mine to be set up but I don’t have the space between grips and brake support bar as I shortened my bars 10mm. I could move my lever towards centre a bit but I’m not sure I want to do that.

1 Like

Anyone had opportunity to compare an Epic Evo with RockShox suspension vs Fox suspension?

Am sure both are fine, but curious if it makes a difference on the Evo. Have been riding Fox stuff last 4-5 years and find it easy to rebuild at home. No experience with more recent RockShox kit other than Reverbs.

1 Like

I think I’m going to be going like this as per YEPs own photo. I had to move my grip out a bit, but have ordered shorter grips so hopefully it works. My only concern about this is getting a clean cable run

1 Like

I think the FOX Evo just looks cool.

Hump

1 Like

One thing I can tell you about the Pivots. They don’t feel fragile, and you can push the limits on those bikes.

I’ve had many, and still have a Mach4SL (100/100) and the new Trail429.

Hump

Their choice of area to test also doesn’t help the cause that much.

That’s what got me about the XC bike reviews that Sarah and Mike did.

I’d like to see these same bikes on an East Coast test. We used to get Daniel Sapp doing some reviews from the Pisgah area, but haven’t seen much lately.

Hump

2 Likes

Is the ergonomics ok though? Looks tidy. I’ve also played around with finding short grips.

I’m jealous of what looks like i-spec mounting for the TwinLoc? I only have clamp style. Should hopefully not be a problem :crossed_fingers:. I’m also going to order a TwistLoc when they become available so good to have options

I’m assuming you sized down to a small??

Hump

Yeah, from what I can tell without it full fitted I’ll be able to easily use it with my thumb and also for finger if not on the brake. That’s how my bike came. Now that you’ve mentioned it though, it’s put me off SRAM brakes. Now to find some XTRs in stock