(2) 30 minute workouts

Most of my day job has me in a nearly closed off room with little airflow tossing around drums of hazardous waste. (This is what happens when one doesn’t apply themselves in college :rofl:).

Conditions are hot, muggy and I’m dead tired when I get home…good part is that it’s usually only 5 hours a day.

I was thinking on a 30 minute workout before work then another 30 minute workout after a shower and a long nap (which I’m usually still exhausted).

Thoughts? Anyone do two TR workouts in one day?

Anything is possible… But I think you get better adaptations from longer uninterrupted sessions on the saddle.

Maybe a WO and an endurance ride might do the trick…

1 Like

If you’re exhausted after work then you might not reap the benefits of a workout if it’s remotely hard. Could you aim for an hour in the morning and just perform one workout a day?

1 Like

I’ve worked insanely hard jobs, and then no energy to work out. Even more difficult when I was out of shape, virtually impossible.

I did all my workouts late at night, just before bed. I’d get off work and be lazy for hours, eat dinner, then get out the door for a run late at night before going to bed. With fitness I was able to be less lazy and run more, but it took time.

If you are struggling I wouldn’t stress too much about the gains and work on the consistency of riding/workouts. When you can find what works for you then you can more easily figure out what kind of workouts will work.

Give it a try. You do what you have to do.

Wanted to bump this old thread in hopes for an update from the OP. Still cycling? Did you try the doubles? If so how’d it go?

A few summers ago, a gal I coach (runner) had a summer internship that demanded pretty much 8 am -8 pm. She ran 30 min in the morning and 30 min in the evening. Normally our goal in the summer is to “Run 60” but it just didn’t fit her schedule. She came back super fit, injury free and ready to go to work. No doubt there’s a place for the high mileage but the lower volume doubles worked in this case. Now I find myself in a similar situation. Got about 30-60 min in the morning and another 60 in the afternoon. I usually ride 90-120 min but due to work going to need to split it up.

Got an update for us?