Worldwide Disaster 2019, The Official Launch!

Here is what I was thinking for the +1:

I noticed that we dont do traditional under overs in the OG disaster so why not throw them in at the end for good measure. Thoughts?

1 Like

I’m in. Added to calendar.

2 Likes

What’s the time/tss on it?

2 Likes

Chad made Disaster and two excellent cut down versions were created for the event to increase numbers taking part, for those who don’t have the time or want it to disrupt their workout plans.

Have tried to understand why anyone needs a Disaster +1, just bump up the intensity by a few percent if it’s not challenging enough for you or you could just do Disaster followed by -2 version if 4 hours 15 minutes on the trainer isn’t long enough.

I do have time on the Saturday to do the full Disaster, designed by Chad, and am looking forward to the challenge again. I’ll probably be doing the Volcano circuit on Zwift again whilst taking part, get that 25 lap award!

Look forward to seeing others on there for some moral support on the day at some point and to add another t-shirt to the collection :slight_smile:

3 Likes

no outdoor version… shame :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

According to Nate the closest outdoor version is…

:smile:

5 Likes

Increasing the intensity sounds like a better idea than the +1 version. I am a moron for not even thinking about that. I like that idea.

I am not sure which loop on Zwift I will run. The volcano idea sounds appealing because of the 25 lap reward. I was also thinking, jungle loops or the sand and sequoias. It does not matter too much. Just eye candy.

3 Likes

4:45 with 315 TSS .81 IF

I am liking just bumping up the intensity on the OG one idea though so that I can stick with everyone else.

I will save the +1 for the End of the Base season celebration in March :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m in! That will be at the end of a hectic month or so of travel for me where I’ll be trying to work through traditional base Mid volume . Sounds like a perfect fit :rofl:

2 Likes

+1. I want that 25 lap and metric century badge!

2 Likes

Volcano works for me too, even though I already have those badges.

It’s a nice course that is short enough that we might see each other more often.

4 Likes

@tribuddha We did the volcano last year too. It was great to pass and be passed by other Disaster riders. My other thought was Alpe du’Zwift repeats…

3 Likes

It is only an IF of 0.79 and over an hour at 40%

Only difference from a normal Sunday or Saturday ride is it is indoors, I know what I would rather do.

All the best, you can almost guarantee that will be a lovely weekend weather wise, so thanks for doing the opposite to a rain dance, I plan my outdoor route now. lol.

1 Like

Ooh, yeah, I never did that badge work and there’s one or two others i’m missing as well, would be good to grab them all … since i’ll never do a 4hr zwift ride again.

Is there a Zwift workout version, or do you guys run TR and Zwift at the same time?

1 Like

TR and Zwift at the same time

1 Like

Ditto, two devices and two apps.

Putting the TR workout into Z is a violation of the Terms & Conditions.

I’ve put the full disaster on my calendar for the 14th. The volcano circuit was good last year.

2 Likes

We really appreciate your support!

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

So I just did this workout Sunday. It was bad, but not THAT bad. Full IF too!

I’m in for this!

3 Likes

Yeh, I’ll consider that one :wink:

2 Likes