What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Yeah that one is not fun but feels good when finished.

Did this yesterday and felt a lot better. Getting back to normal. Onwards.

9 Likes

This mornings challenge. And it was. Oooofff!! Onwards.

10 Likes

The post Christmas binge workout - Palisade!

Felt pretty tough TBH and the last set needed a bit of digging to see it through. I was just a Watt or two above or below the target power on all the intervals so my FTP is about right, I certainly wasn’t going to up the intensity! The last time I did this workout I was recovering from a cold. It’d be nice to try it when normal - whatever that is.

7 Likes

Had a date with Mary myself. Was just right!

10 Likes

Progression 1.

WKO FTP 261 prior 262 after.
Kollie Moore Test Result of test 260 watts
Intervals.icu = 258 watts (confirmed previous FTP, acutally I think it was +1W)
Xert ~255w + 3W from previous, but FTP with Xert seems to be a bit random based on settings, need to understand the settingsmmore, but after learning WKO not sure I can be arsed to waste energy understanding Xert.
Me based on feel recently ~ 258 - 262 watts, confirmed by WKO, Kollie More, Intervals.icu
TR Ramp Test Between 235 and 268 watts, for me a bit of a random number generator based on how my muscles are firing on the day.

11 Likes

Pettit today which was nice and easy. Put my clip on aero bars on my trek emonda alr5 and rode around 1/2 of it in aero.

We still have our 90 min group meetup TR workout ride via Zwift tomorrow if anyone else wants to join. I am riding Andrews tomorrow but others are doing different ones. Send me a fr if so I can send you an invite. So far we have 7 joining.

9 Likes

Good ol’ Ethan Allen! Known for fighting in the revolutionary war, furniture, and … sweet spot? Felt real good after my FTP bump, so some more conformation that I made the right call.

8 Likes

Baxter -2

Followed by a rather poor attempt at Basin -4

8 Likes

Still streaking… Day 50 now in the books.

Outside on the mountain bike with three guys who are much faster, much younger and much more talented on dirt. Makes for a good workout… Couple hours moving time and about three hour total as we sawed up four trees which fell last week and were blocking the trail.

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 4.45.24 PM

9 Likes

Clark today; was a really rough roll after Christmas festivities… Probably should’ve dispensed with the stomps earlier in favor of more SS but that’s always been a real weakness of mine - settling into SS/Threshold power after a hard punch.

Feels good to be on the other side of Thanksgiving and Christmas, frankly. New Years’ is a non-entity to me, so it feels like go-time

13 Likes

Everyone’s favourite today :smiley:

12 Likes

Last sat 3hour TTE in SSBHV2, only 1 SS workout left for Base :smiley:
160Mins of SS work within 3 hours and upped my best 3hour from 291 to 305 (4,69W/Kg).
Total 524Min SS work last 7 days, and i beat my own craziest base i will ever do.
Had gains until the end, and was quite fresh when ending this 260 TSS day.

Could barely move my legs during yesterdays 90Min Z2 (Pettit) so didn expect one of my best days today.

17 Likes

Just about to sign up for TR. Really looking forward to using it for the 2020 season.

3 Likes

The last interval really hurt today… felt so good finishing this though :+1:

14 Likes

Did Andrews today on TR with Zwift meetup feature to ride in a group. Was fun and motivating and keeping me accountable. @anon20047708 @Adam and Theo showed up and the 1.5 hours went faster than normal. Originally 8 confirmed.

14 Likes

Not feeling very well these days, seems I might have overdone my training (900+TSS weeks) before xmas on the trainer, first time I’ve been sick this year.
Swapping out vo2max and anaerobic efforts with endurance and SS the rest of 2019.

9 Likes

Kaweah: this felt harder than expected. I can hang out in sweet spot for long periods but these 10 minute threshold blocks wore me down, had to jump off for a minute before the 4th was over. Didn’t have my usual egg and sausage breakfast today, but instead made some Kodiak Kakes (protein pancakes) this morning, not blaming that but probably should have made more of an effort to go food shopping before a hard workout :rofl:

16 Likes

Wrapped up SSB2MV, Zwifting Quatch Quest along side and got into it… sub-1:00 Alpe. Looking forward to a bit of a FTP bump after some recovery.

15 Likes

Martin Hill TBMV part 2, thank god for Netflix.

13 Likes