This is a primary thread to discuss Bike Fitting methods and issues.
- I will edit this lead post with useful links for starters.
- Feel free to post your questions and issues, and we will do our best to address them.
A bit about me:
- My bike fit interest started back in 1997 with the Fit Kit Systems which was based in my home town at the time. I started learning about saddle setup, cleat alignment, and front end settings. I used that info to experiment with my fit and those of a few friends.
- I am now a part-time fitter at my local bike shop. I have completed the Specialized Body Geometry Fit programs, Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 (2014-2016).
- I have performed around 100 fits and assisted others in around 50.
- My personal fit philosophy is that every fit is unique.
- The most important tools of a fitter are the Ears (listen, hear and understand what the rider says) and the Eyes (watch for every detail possible and look at the situation in total).
- There are no rules that fit all situations or riders.
- Every “rule” is meant to be broken, but the key is knowing when to do that.
Disclaimer: All advice provided and discussed here should be reviewed before implementation. Fitting is complex and it is not always possible to cover all the possible variables that may influence overall results.
Bike Fit Measurements and Charts: