Outside planned workout won’t sync to Wahoo Bolt

Did you complete the ride? If so, how did you upload it to show completed on the TR calendar? I don’t use Garmin Connect and I did not use Strava during the ride, but I think I can hopefully get it to load to Strava via the Bolt to see if I can load it that way.

Hopefully TR can provide some insight on this. I saw a thread dedicated to this subject on using TR outside, but I can’t seem to find it now.

Is this the one you wanted?

I’ll be honest I skipped the training session and did it inside later that day as it was only a short one.

However, earlier in the day when it appeared and I dismissed it I went for a ride with a friend. The ride Uploaded via strava automatically through the bolt, and TR associated the ride to the training plan automatically. It was nothing like the training plan to be honest (harder) but that’s irrelevant really.

I think because I’d set it to an outside workout, it just associated it thinking I’d done it. Which in theory would be correct, if I’d actually hit start to the training session but I didn’t.

Hi Chad, thanks.

I’ve got a wahoo bolt, but use the same process pretty much. I emailed support and spoke to TR about setting certain sessions to outside, particularly the night before by changing the workout in the calender online.

Problem is, it’s then not syncing across to the wahoo app or bolt, so doesn’t show in the planned workouts?

Im pretty computer savvy, so all software is up to date etc. I Followed any instructions but to no avail unfortunately.

Yes. That’s the thread. Thanks. I kept looking for it in the software pages and not the announcement page.

Again, thanks…

Update: I just realized that is the link to the Garmin and not the Wahoo, but I see you provided the correct link below.

1 Like

Ok, for reference of others, here is the Wahoo version.

I’m sure you’ve done this but what helped me is to make sure the filter is set to schedule and swipe down to refresh on the planned workout page.

1 Like

I just tried to sync some workouts to the bolt to experiment and the planned workouts are not showing up in the element app however they show up in the bolt under planned workouts

Thanks, mine doesn’t seem to show in either. And yes tried filtering thanks, nothing just the ineos preplanned sessions on the wahoo bolt and Nothing showing on the phone app.

I still reckon it’s a software bug.

@nickelson I agree that it has to be a hiccup in the process. I spoke with customer support (Nate) and others are having the same issue. I don’t know what’s being done about it, but I told Nate that I am ok as long as it populates to the Bolt and I can see and use it and get all of the prompts, which I have gotten during the outside ride. For me, this is one less step in the process, meaning I don’t have to open the companion app to upload the ride and I am ok with that. I won’t lose any sleep if it doesn’t populate to the companion app.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but thank you very much @2fst4u for this:

I’m sure you’ve done this but what helped me is to make sure the filter is set to schedule and swipe down to refresh on the planned workout page.

This has been driving me insane, that I can never get the TR rides to show up on my Wahoo, including in the app. It’s extremely confusing that the TR workouts only show up in the list if you explicitly select “Schedule”. Once I switch to that I finally see the workout there.

Thanks a million

I did another endurance ride outside and the ride goes straight to the Bolt and never to the companion app, which is fine with me (one less step in the process). Once on the Bolt, it works with all of the prompts etc.

Hi

I spoke to Nate from TR. Updated everything, u synced cleared and resynced and it now works. literally had to reconnect everything though?

I have the same issue - I have unpaired, reinstalled app and repaired and still have the same thing. It appears the wahoo app hangs when it’s trying to sync? Did you get it sorted in the end?

I can’t get any workout from TR or TrainingPeaks to show up in the app but when I sync on the Bolt itself through WiFi, they both show up on it. The TrainingPeaks workout show up practically immediately but the TrainerRoad workouts take longer but definitely end up syncing ok.

I have been in touch with TR tech support, the recent wahoo update messed up the syncing of outdoor rides, they are working with wahoo and will let us know.

1 Like

Guess I’m lucky i got my outdoor workout to sync today. I’ve only done it a few times ever but I’m always worried the sync won’t work.

Well that explains why my workout was not showing up today and it said workouts from “This Week” were dated May 1 & 3.

Have you authorised and re-authorised the the wahoo app and TR app?

I was told to de auth and re auth the ride sync on TR, I deleted and reinstalled the wahoo app and repaired my bolt with my phone, nothing is working, there is some kind of an issue on wahoos end, their app isn’t pulling the TR workout.