๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ Introducing Plan Builder! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Just had a wee play with my upcoming A event in June - 3 weeks climbing cycling in the French Alps with 100+kms and 2000-3000m climbing per day. Not a race, but definitely an A event

None of the options intuitively had a good fit, but i went with Gran Fondo and it came back with SSB1&2, SPB, & Century which is the common solution recommended on the forum for these kind of adventures - a great start! The process of working through to a plan was a breeze and very TrainerRoad.

It might not be a priority today, but it would be great to have some non race โ€œAโ€ events available to select like โ€œMulti Day Mountainous Metric Centuryโ€ incorporated into the options available.

Given the target event, would Gran Fondo be the logical selection from your point of view @bnied , or would there be a better option?

1 Like

Does it still assign you workouts or do you have to pick your own workouts?

2 Likes

Super excited to try this out!

Going through the initial process now. I wasnโ€™t able to move past the Event portion of the process if I imported existing events (even if I fixed all of the errors like selecting race type or plan start proximity to event). I had to skip importing existing events and add new ones in order to move past it or else the โ€œNextโ€ button just stayed grayed out.

2 Likes

It does a full plan and all workouts, based on your events (and the settings you assign for each event). It adjusts plan length and workouts preceding events depending on A or B, or B with opener settings.

Try it out, add some target events (or a full season) and start through the Builder. It walks you through, gives a preview, and when you like it, drops all the workouts on the calendar.

You can even open phases on the calendar and make adjustments after the fact.

5 Likes

Make sure your last event is an A event, or it will stay stuck like that.

4 Likes

I suppose if I read the full list of bugs all the way to the end I could have figured out my own question. Ha Thanks

2 Likes

Awesome! will try this. I didnโ€™t see it as I had previously added the events in the calendar.

Cheers!

1 Like

Do you think it would be wise to add all of my races to it? Or just my target ones. Like for instance i plan on doing the 10 series xc races throughout summer, plus most of the weekly Thursday night โ€œfunโ€ races. Should I add all of these, or just the target ones?

1 Like

Would be cool to be able to add multiple โ€œAโ€ races and then have it automatically fill in the plans in between them to either maintain fitness (if less than say 6 weeks apart) or to re-build and re-specializedโ€ฆthis way you donโ€™t have to make multiple plans.

Currently wonโ€™t let me start a plan anytime in 2020.

Would also be awesome if, when building a plan and choosing which dates workouts occur on (i.e. long runs on Sundays, bricks on Thursdays, etc.) you could delete certain workouts so they donโ€™t show up in the plan or add your own workouts that show up weekly throughout that phase. This would be useful for if youโ€™re following your own swim or run plan over TRโ€™s and want to have it automatically fill in your swim plan, or if you do a masters swim class or something.

Looks like an awesome idea and implementation so far!

1 Like

I have like 20 races in mine across A, B and C priorities and itโ€™s awesome! Plan Builder can add in openers for B races and plan around those appropriately. Give it a shot!

17 Likes

It let me add 2 a races. One in may and one in September

2 Likes

@Jonathan I truly believe this is one of the best things trainer roads has ever added. Thanks to everyone at tr for this

20 Likes

As of now, they just need to be 8 weeks apart for that to work. Pretty cool!

5 Likes

Thank you! We are super excited :smiley:

7 Likes

Absolutely amazingโ€ฆ This is a proper tool!

Question:
If I sign up for more races, and add them later will the plan adapt or do I have to recalculate after?

2 Likes

~As of now, you have to recalculate.~

Never mind! @bnied just blew my mind!

7 Likes

Pie in the sky feature request, would be cool to able to upload a course profile of the race you are targeting and have the plan generated around that. Could potentially start modifying plans as well closer to the target event :wink:

9 Likes

@Jonathan @FilReis22 adding more events after the fact should actually allow you to just account for them in your plan that has already been applied :wink:.

52%20PM

16 Likes

Would like it if there was a possibility to factor in what plan iยดm currently on, for example if i just finished sweet spot base and want to start on a build plan. easy workaround is of course to add a build plan and then start plan builder after that. Otherwise great tool especially for us less experienced riders, great to see TR keep improving! :grinning:

5 Likes

I am going to check it out later but you all are on :fire: bravo :clap:

4 Likes