Disaster Day, 2019 (?)

Small update that work for the Big D is in process.

We will be announcing the dates and details of Disaster 2019 in mid-October.

6 Likes

What is disaster day…and why does it sound appealing and terrifying?

2 Likes

Welcome… Read the rabbit hole and realize your season is not quite finished

1 Like

2018 D-day was a big success! The “Big D” planning committee is hard at work on 2019’s big event, and as Chad mentions above, the details will be provided at mid-October’s launch.

However, our primary goal is to make the event as inclusive as possible (lots of details). At launch will be D, D-1, and D-2. If there is sufficient interest, post-launch we will develop and offer a D+1.

2 Likes

If you are truly interested in getting a head start to answering your question, there are almost 1,200 posts in the 2 threads Chad pinned to the top. Happy reading :slight_smile:

We did a special event last December, where we did the delightfully challenging workout that Coach Chad made a long time ago.

Main thread from last year.

Live discussion from the big day.

2 Likes

:grinning:

1 Like

Interested… will stay tuned!

3 Likes

A Can this be imported to Zwift?

B use the Wahoo to tell me what to do indoors while on Zwift

C I’m going to negotiate with the wife to give me 5hrs (to be safe) on the trainer and no kids

D I’m excited

E I want the shirt

3 Likes

A. No, you can’t import into Zwift.
(Well, its technically possible, but it’s a violation of the Terms and Conditions for TR to do so.)

What you can do is use Zwift and TrainerRoad in tandem. I and many others did this last year. This guide covers the several ways you can do it.

B. That might be possible, but it’s not a direct plug and play. If you follow the steps above, this is not likely needed.

Yeah I think run TR on the mobile, Zwift on the PC, try and hook up a ride with others.

Thanks @mcneese.chad cant wait for this event!

1 Like

What an incredibly stupid idea. Idiots.

I’m in :smile:

6 Likes

This is dangerous and stupid…I’ll do it!

2 Likes

stupid and pointless idea… besides down here in Argentina, December is just the nicest month to ride outside…

never the less I’m in…

PD: it got me thinking… I could do it with outside workouts! that will be nice!
PD2: just check, Disaster have no outside option :frowning:

3 Likes

What an interesting idea! :smiley:

There is the option of making the workout in Garmin and Wahoo compatible apps (like TrainingPeaks), so it is doable, as an extra option. I am sure we could con someone into making the Garmin and Wahoo versions for easy distribution.

Just put Mr. Timmerman to work :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m in

2 Likes

I would love to have another go at it!

2 Likes

3 Likes

@mcneese.chad @zwillis1

I wish I could quit you guys…I’m in.

4 Likes