Dirty Kanza 2020 Lottery

You need to work on your sales pitch! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Made it in! Found my email in my spam folder. Cheers and Good Luck!

3 Likes

@Brennus you are going to be my spirit animal when I go to that dark place

In! :raised_hands:t4:

1 Like

Friends that rode the Epic 150 last year said it was brutally tough. I’m signed up for the 90 miles at the Epic 150. Best of luck!

No email yet for me.

The bad news is I have a scheduling conflict now :frowning:. It’s my daughter’s third grade 3 day camping trip that weekend. It’s like a rite of passage at her school and she’s wanted me to be a chaperon for 4 years. It’s a big deal in our family.

There will always be more DKs but not another one of these in her entire life…so if they choose me to be a chaperon I’m going to do the camping trip. If that’s the case I’ll do DK in 2021 after Cape Epic.

65 Likes

You are a great Dad. I missed too much of my kids early years for work travel. I regret it now. Hope you get “in” as a chaperone!

1 Like

Bummer, but I totally get it…I was gunning for redemption after last year, but my youngest daughter graduates form middle school that weekend, so redemption will have to wait until 2021.

Family first…there are always more bike races!

And another reason I’m not having kids… :wink:

No offense meant on this one btw …

6 Likes

This Toto is not going to Kansas this year:

…it’s not easy when things don’t go your way. Believe it or not, we get that. Unfortunately, your name was not selected for the 2020 Garmin Dirty Kanza.

I wonder how they make this decision (i.e., if it’s truly “random” or not).

1 Like

It’s not random per say. Every pro and up and coming racer gets an entry. After that, yeah, the common folk are in a lottery.

1 Like

Lottery isn’t always “random” per say. For a lot of ultra running races, like Western States, the more times you enter the lottery consecutively, the more entries you get. I don’t remember the exact breakdown but essentially older = more entries. I believe they also partition to a degree by age group/gender so random becomes slightly less random. Not sure if Kanza is the same or if it’s literally everyone in a hat.

Not in

Dadding done right, respect!!

2 Likes

Much respect. Family before gears. We can always have another race.

Should I have received an email either way by now? I just checked and I have a confirmation email that I did put my name in the lottery.

Even if I can’t go this year, I think I can pay and defer to next year so I’m :100: in.

Check your spam/junk mail folder maybe?

Not in there either, weird.

Lol! I figured anyone crazy enough to sign up for either DK or Epic 150 is sadistic enough it doesn’t matter. :laughing:

1 Like

I have so much respect for that sentiment. My girls are 14 & 16 and you don’t get second chances at opportunities like that. Be the best father you can be!