Training for KOMs/QOMs can be a great fallback plan for event cancellations, but how do you train for such a unique effort? We’ll cover this and how to strategically increase your training volume, how to adapt to morning workouts and much more in Episode 292 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- Jonathan’s new XC race bike
- What Jonathan learned testing multiple XC bikes back to back
- The host’s New Year’s ResolutionsHow to train for Grinduro
- How to train to take a KOM
- Should you eat carbs during short workouts?
- What races don’t affect your training?
- How does Alcohol affect cycling performance?
- How to add extra volume to your training
- How to get used to morning workouts
- Best mobility exercises for cyclists
Successful Athletes Podcast
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.